About Me

My photo
84 years young, (or so she says),The dept of vital statistics list her age at 142, but we can't be sure. Married to her husband Frank for 62 years, and a fierce advocate for all the little fagolahs in the world! Plus she loves Judge Judy

Won't you follow my blog? (please my little fagolahs?)

Widget

Monday, December 7, 2009

Maureen, Anita & The Pearl Necklace

Hi babeees! It's ya Aunt Frannie!

I was looking for a complete set of gin rummy cards this morning for my weekly game with Ethel, Zada and Clara, and look what I ran across!

It was between my copy of Leaves Of Grass and the bottle of gin leftover from last friday.


I KNOW!
Another photograph of ya Aunt Francine! Yeah!


Oh the memories this brings back.
Uncle Frank took this back in march of 1962 while we were discussing the dinner we had just had with Maureen Stapleton and her 'gal pal' Phyllis Schafley.


Oh my we had a good time that night! Maureen and Phyllis were always so much fun when we got together, and they always had the best dish on everybody! I remember they described a run in with that horrible Anita Bryant while trolling one evening at the bar on 5th called the Pearl Necklace.

Apparently Maureen walked in on Miss Florida Orange Juice herself entering a stall in the ladies room with an especially rough looking Dyke from one of the Boroughs in Jersey. Was she nervous! Oh MY we had a good laugh!.....yeah.

Anyway, I thought you might like to see Aunt Franny from way back, when she was the cat's meow. Be good my little fagolahs!

Bye! MUAH!
(send help)

4 comments:

christmas carol said...

Auntie! you looek so beautifeful! waht a funnee storie! xx 00 -- cc

Charlie said...

Good grief you are beautiful aunt frannie

Anonymous said...

Wow

absolutwillie said...

Great post Auntie F! Love the photo and the Bryant-tale!!

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design